One of the benefits of being in business for over four decades lies in the perspective developed over time. At Susan Davis International, we’ve seen many unforeseen challenges arise and we’ve learned that difficult times call for strength, perseverance, sound judgment, and reliance on bedrock values. We’ve helped our clients through 9-11; hurricanes; bankruptcies; catastrophic disasters; kidnappings; strikes; cyber mitigation and a litany of other crises both large and small. Today, tomorrow, and for the foreseeable future, we, along with the rest of the world, must plan for and adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nothing is more important than protecting the health and safety of our people, our clients, our friends and our communities.
We have adjusted our business continuity plan to accommodate the reality and uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure the safety of our people while continuing to provide our clients the service they expect and deserve we have taken the following steps:
- We have prepared and tested our operating systems and administrative functions, and adopted new tools to ensure our people can effectively work from any location.
- We have minimized in-person meetings in favor of teleconference/videoconference.
- We have restricted domestic travel.
- We are providing our people with ongoing health updates and have advised that anyone feeling ill should not come into the office.
- More than half of our team has been working remotely at present. As, of Wednesday, March 18, all of SDI will be working remotely.
You may be assured that Susan Davis International will continue to provide the high level of client service you expect. These are difficult times but we are prepared, and stand ready to provide any assistance you may need from us. Please let us know if you have any concerns or may be adopting any practices that will require support or accommodation from us. We will get through this together.
Be well and stay safe.
Susan Ann Davis
Susan Davis International