Join our Amazing Team!
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jayne Davis, jdavis@SusanDavis.com, if you are interested in interviewing for one of these positions.
SDI seeks internship candidates year-round, for fall, winter/spring, and summer terms. We are currently seeking applicants for summer 2023 in the communications and business marketing fields, and are operating on a hybrid in-office and remote work schedule.
Interns will gain work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Applicants must have an interest and background in the communications field. Our ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communications skills, experience with social media, the ability to think creatively, and a willingness to learn and perform at a professional level.
SDI internships are paid, and while not required, preference is given to qualified interns who can dedicate the equivalent of three days per week at a minimum. We are flexible in working with academic schedules.
The primary accounts where interns can gain experience focus on veterans issues, military and other cultural/educational/historical institutions, corporate branding and public relations, business development, technology communications support, and live and virtual events.
Intern responsibilities at SDI vary and may include:
- Assist with writing press releases, captions, newsletters, ads, and public service announcements.
- Assist with developing media and social media plans to promote upcoming events.
- Develop social media content for client and company platforms.
- Create and update media lists.
- Identify speaking, podcast, and event opportunities for clients and senior management.
- Facilitate thought leadership outreach.
- Interface with media for follow-up on releases and pitches.
- Research targeted audiences, stakeholders, celebrity spokespeople, issues, etc. and build spreadsheets for media, public relations, and events work.
- Edit documents for content, grammar, and style.
- Support events planning, and execution day of event.
- Contribute creative thinking and participate in staff roundtable meetings.
Account Executive – Marketing & Communications
Susan Davis International (SDI) is seeking an energetic, experienced Account Executive with a marketing and communications background to serve its growing roster of clients across many industry sectors, including technology, nonprofits, military and veteran organizations, and federal agencies.
The ideal candidate to join our award-winning firm will have at least 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications, either in-house or for an agency. The role will require the ideal candidate to be prepared for a wide range of responsibilities on a daily basis, with the ability to quickly shift priorities when needed.
- Help clients develop compelling messaging for a variety of audiences, with a focus on stakeholders and media
- Develop in-depth strategies for clients to successfully meet their specific needs and goals, including stakeholder and/or crisis communications plans
- Deliver strong media coverage for clients and prepare spokespeople for media interviews
- Write copy for clients, such as media op-eds, social media postings and marketing materials
- Assist clients in developing marketing campaigns to help drive initiatives
- Identify social and digital media opportunities for clients, and execute on them when needed.
- Provide exemplary client service on a daily basis, such as meeting deadlines, troubleshooting problems, attending calls and meetings, and sharing in-depth recaps of key events
- Participate in SDI’s new business and marketing efforts, by sharing unique ideas to help the firm and assist in research, proposals and pitches
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and/or communications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to multi-task and serve multiple clients across multiple industry sectors
- Previous experience organizing, managing, and/or working at live events
- Quality writing skills in drafting content for different audiences
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Experience in developing concise messaging, for both internal and external audiences
- Self-starter who is not afraid to own projects and execute on them from start to finish
- Familiarity and fluency with social media and digital media platforms
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the SDI team.