Join our Amazing Team!
SDI is always seeking talented individuals to join our A Team. We are presently interviewing people for the positions posted below. Please send your resume to Jayne Davis at jdavis@SusanDavis.com if you are interested in interviewing for one of these positions, and forward a current resume.
Health Care Marketing Specialist
Our experienced SDI team is supporting the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high-quality health services to more than 9.6 military beneficiaries. We’re supporting an award-winning communications office, developing and delivering global marketing communications plans, events and associated tactics to facilitate a better understanding of the organization’s mission, goals, objectives, and policies.
We are seeking an energetic communications professional to support fast-moving and wide-ranging marketing campaigns and tactics. The candidate should have a passion for motivating and engaging stakeholders, and have experience in writing, planning, and measurement. Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with subject matter, web, print, and designer experts to develop and execute full spectrum communications planning and delivery
- Develop topic-specific communications plans and products, and work across multiple teams to facilitate tactical execution
- Develop communications toolkits with multimedia products, tailored to target audiences
- Coordinate content and design for flyers, posters, and other materials that communicate about leading health care issues and/or topics, with an understanding of plain language and Section 508 requirements
- Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders, capturing key takeaways and action items, and be able to make strategic recommendations
- Provide data-driven, strategic recommendations to optimize the effectiveness of communications plans, processes, and products
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing communications, or related field, preferred)
- 4 – 6 years of professional experience (federal or agency experience preferred)
- Health care communications experience (military health experience a plus)
- Comfortable working with senior level leaders in government health agencies
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Work well under the pressure associated with multiple short-notice deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Demonstration of a client-ready presence
- Able to obtain or currently has a Public Trust security clearance
Job Type: Full-time (Monday – Friday)
Account Executive – Marketing & Communications
Susan Davis International (SDI) is seeking an energetic, experienced Account Executive with a marketing and communications background to serve its growing roster of clients across many industry sectors, including technology, nonprofits, military and veteran organizations, and federal agencies.
The ideal candidate to join our award-winning firm will have at least 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications, either in-house or for an agency. The role will require the ideal candidate to be prepared for a wide range of responsibilities on a daily basis, with the ability to quickly shift priorities when needed.
- Help clients develop compelling messaging for a variety of audiences, with a focus on stakeholders and media
- Develop in-depth strategies for clients to successfully meet their specific needs and goals, including stakeholder and/or crisis communications plans
- Deliver strong media coverage for clients and prepare spokespeople for media interviews
- Write copy for clients, such as media op-eds, social media postings and marketing materials
- Assist clients in developing marketing campaigns to help drive initiatives
- Identify social and digital media opportunities for clients, and execute on them when needed.
- Provide exemplary client service on a daily basis, such as meeting deadlines, troubleshooting problems, attending calls and meetings, and sharing in-depth recaps of key events
- Participate in SDI’s new business and marketing efforts, by sharing unique ideas to help the firm and assist in research, proposals and pitches
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and/or communications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to multi-task and serve multiple clients across multiple industry sectors
- Previous experience organizing, managing, and/or working at live events
- Quality writing skills in drafting content for different audiences
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Experience in developing concise messaging, for both internal and external audiences
- Self-starter who is not afraid to own projects and execute on them from start to finish
- Familiarity and fluency with social media and digital media platforms