Join our Amazing Team!
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jayne Davis, jdavis@SusanDavis.com, if you are interested in interviewing for one of these positions.
SDI seeks internship candidates year-round, for fall, winter/spring, and summer terms. We are currently seeking applicants for fall 2023 in the communications and business marketing fields, and are operating on a hybrid in-office and remote work schedule.
Interns will gain work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Applicants must have an interest and background in the communications field. Our ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communications skills, experience with social media, the ability to think creatively, and a willingness to learn and perform at a professional level.
SDI internships are paid, and while not required, preference is given to qualified interns who can dedicate the equivalent of three days per week at a minimum. We are flexible in working with academic schedules.
The primary accounts where interns can gain experience focus on veterans issues, military and other cultural/educational/historical institutions, corporate branding and public relations, business development, technology communications support, and live and virtual events.
Intern responsibilities at SDI vary and may include:
- Assist with writing press releases, captions, newsletters, ads, and public service announcements.
- Assist with developing media and social media plans to promote upcoming events.
- Develop social media content for client and company platforms.
- Create and update media lists.
- Identify speaking, podcast, and event opportunities for clients and senior management.
- Facilitate thought leadership outreach.
- Interface with media for follow-up on releases and pitches.
- Research targeted audiences, stakeholders, celebrity spokespeople, issues, etc. and build spreadsheets for media, public relations, and events work.
- Edit documents for content, grammar, and style.
- Support events planning, and execution day of event.
- Contribute creative thinking and participate in staff roundtable meetings.